Pecan Harvest Seen Lower



WASHINGTON - Oct 11/18 - SNS -- Pecan production is forecast at 279 million pounds (utilized, in-shell basis), down 5% from 2017, according to the latest USDA crop production estimates.

Improved varieties are expected to produce 258 million pounds or 93% of the total. The native and seedling varieties are expected to produce 20.7 million pounds, making up the remaining 7% of production.