Weather Markets Lift Birdseeds



PANAMA - Jul 8/17 - SNS -- Birdseed ingredient markets finished the week's trading on a firmer note in sympathy with strength in grains and oilseeds and worries about production prospects through the U.S. midwest.

Most of the area where sunflower is grown and a significant part of the millet seed production area is rated as being in a severe to extreme drought.

Conditions are better in some of the key canaryseed producing areas in Saskatchewan, with topsoil moisture rated adequate in 46% of the land but short to very short in remaining 54%.